Monday, February 20, 2006

Fasting

God has really put it on my heart recently to begin to fast. Not just individually but as the church - with my community of passionate followers of Jesus.
But, I was struggling because i didn't understand what it meant to fast. Yeah, i was taught what the traditional heart behind fasting was but it seemed like more to me. I knew that you were supposed to not eat or drink for some period of time. or that you could choose to give something else up for a certain period of time. I was told that we need to fast, but why? I mean Jesus really doesn't talk much about fasting in the new tesament so why do we tell people that they need to fast. what is the heart behind it. so, i decided to study the heart behind what it means to fast.

what I have discovered is way cool and i am having fun on this adventure but i don't want to take it alone (God calls us to seek him out together as a community - so i want to encourage you to join me on this adventure of learning the heart of the fast and then fasting together and seeing how God moves.

I will be starting a message board section specifically dedicated to learning the heart of the fast and also for seeing how God answers our prayers and moves as we fast together as a community.

check out www.the-table.net and go to the message boards to join me on this adventure

No comments: